Sunday, September 30, 2007
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
- 1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
- "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside.
- I just finished cleaning."
- 2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
- "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
- 3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
- "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you
- into the middle of next week!"
- 4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
- " Because I said so, that's why."
- 5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
- "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck,
- you're not going to the store with me."
- 6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
- "Make sure you wear clean underwear,
- in case you're in an accident."
- 7. My mother taught me IRONY.
- "Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
- 8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
- "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
- 9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
- "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
- 10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
- "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
- 11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
- "This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
- 12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
- "If I told you once, I've told you a million times.
- Don't exaggerate!"
- 13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
- "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
- 14. My mother taught me about ENVY.
- "There are millions of less fortunate children in this world
- who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
- 15. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
- "Just wait until we get home."
- 16. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
- "You are going to get it when you get home!"
- 17. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
- "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going
- to get stuck that way."
- 18. My mother taught me ESP.
- "Put your sweater on; don't you think
- I know when you are cold?"
- 19. My mother taught me HUMOR.
- "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes,
- don't come running to me."
- 20. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
- "If you don't eat your vegetables,
- you'll never grow up."
- 21. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
- "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
- 22. My mother taught me WISDOM.
- "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
- 23. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
- "One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
In French, Tuesday is "Mardi", associating it with the planet Mars. Tuesday is also associated with the dwarf planet Pluto. This marries Tuesday with ideas of strife, battles to be won and pressing issues and jobs to get sorted. It is not a day to relax.But I thought it would be nice to enjoy some humor after the stress of Sunday! So enjoy our day sewing, shopping, or whatever makes you happy!
Monday, September 24, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Even when you don't quite get it, Marceau makes you think twice.
In 1947, Marceau created "Bip", the clown, who in his striped pullover and battered, beflowered silk opera hat — signifying the fragility of life — has become his alter-ego, even as Chaplin's "Little Tramp" became that star's major personality. Bip's misadventures with everything from butterflies to lions, on ships and trains, in dance-halls or restaurants, were limitless. As a style pantomime, Marceau was acknowledged without peer. His silent exercises, which include such classic works as The Cage, Walking Against the Wind, The Mask Maker, and In The Park, and satires on everything from sculptors to matadors, were described as works of genius. Of his summation of the ages of man in the famous Youth, Maturity, Old Age and Death, one critic said, "He accomplishes in less than two minutes what most novelists cannot do in volumes."
check out the link below to see him perform:
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
In a recent study, women who ate a small apple or pear before each meal lost more weight than women who skipped the fruit but followed the same reduced-calorie diet. Fiber-filled fruits help to satiate hunger, which probably results in lower calorie intake from the meal, researchers speculate.
Check out this video on an apple and a worm:
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
- I wish there was no such thing as having to say goodbye to people you love.
- I wish I could spend a lot of time traveling around the world.
- I wish I had taken up photography sooner in my life.
- I wish someone would have given me career advice when I was younger.
- I wish I had majored in art.
- I wish I had a killer body!
- I wish that people wouldn't hate.
- I wish I had more pets.
- I wish I didn't have to dye my hair to keep the gray away.
- I wish I could go on a cruise to relax.
- I wish for my children to have wonderful success in whatever they choose.
- I wish I had told my father I loved him before he died.
- I wish for world peace.
- I wish I had been an olympic athlete.
- I wish I had a horse.
- I wish I was a famous musician.
- I wish I could play an instrument!
- I wish my breasts didn't sag.
- I wish all bad people were sent to another planet.